Hermanus, known as the Riviera of the South, offers the World’s best land-based whale watching. With its Tolken-esque Milkwood forests and picturesque seaside scenery, Hermanus is a perfect local weekend escape to indulge in gourmet delicacies and coastal living along South Africa’s beautiful Garden Route.
Award-winning Pinot Noir estates, the World’s Best Whale Watching
– and Fantastic Golfing. All in Hermanus.
“I live in Cape Town but my favourite holiday destination is Hermanus, a little seaside town about a 90-minute drive away, over the pass and down to the sea, on the sunshine coast. It’s where I love to escape to with my wife for a weekend every now and again.”
- Wilbur Smith, Bestselling Novelist
• Whale Watching in South Africa’s Garden Route. Spot the majestic Southern Right whales, alongside Dolphins and much more on a fantastic marine cruise.
• Hemel en Aarde Valley: Wine tasting at two of some of the world’s finest Pinot Noir producers: The boutique vineyards of Hamilton Russell and Bouchard Finlayson are to visitors for wine tastings and cellar tours.
• The Fine Art Galleries of Hermanus offer contemporary examples of artworks by South African masters. A picturesque 5 mile walk from Walker Bay beach winds through the cliffs into the centre of Hermanus town, offering a perfect opportunity to take in the sights of the floral and ocean scenery. On arrival relax with a refreshing drink at the seaside cafés overlooking the sea and stroll into the many shops and galleries to experience a truly local flavor of the South African countryside.
• Arabella Golf Estate: Breathtaking Championship Golf courses in the Garden Route locale.